Event We Love: Herbs For Winter Immunity
On November 5th from 2 PM to 3:30 PM in New York City, Herbalist and Garden Collage contributor Dawn Petter will lead an immune system workshop about how to fine tune the immune system for the forthcoming winter season.
Petter’s Herbs For Winter Immunity workshop will take place at the Center For Remembering and Sharing NYC and is sponsored by Firefly Healing Arts. In the course of the event, Petter will teach how to strengthen immunity in preparation for the cold and flu season while sharing traditional recipes and offering tastings and explanations of each of the herbs and herbal actions discussed.
Participants in the Herbs For Winter Immunity workshop can expect to learn:
- How to make an immune-boosting decoction of astragalus and shiitake (which is naturally high in Vitamin D)
- How to make herbal oxymel using elderberries
- How to make fire cider, a traditional healing tincture popularized by renowned herbalist Rosemary Gladstar
- How to make anti-microbial, medicinal honey
- How to make overnight, medicinal onlon syrup, as well as learning about Echinacea and boneset
The Center for Remembering and Sharing NYC is located at 123 4th Avenue #2 in New York, NY 10003.
For more information or to register for this workshop, go here.
17 Celebrities Who Actively Work to Protect the Environment
5 Beautiful Fall Retreats Outside of Paris
The Best Natural Sheet Masks
Diller Island, the Floating Park on the Hudson River, is Happening Again
A Home Gardener’s Guide To Safe, Bee-Friendly Pesticides
How To Make Healthy Fermented Probiotic Pickles
Walking the Hudson River Valley with Artists, Past and Present
How The Palm Tree Came To Southern California