How To Make All-Natural Lip Balm Kids Will Love
The New Year is a good time to encourage Lil’ Sprouts to make what they can for themselves. Our DIY lip salve recipe is a great, tactile, sweet-smelling activity to do indoors in the winter–plus it is easy to make and you can substitute in different seasonal fruits (and eat what you don’t use!). During the cooler months, these balms come in handy as chemical-free moisturizers–keep them in your kids’ backpacks and encourage them to apply liberally!
- Small, heat safe containers
- 4 raspberries
- 10 pomegranate seeds (for a non-pigmented balm, use a paler fruit, herbs, or tea)
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Place the melted coconut oil in a bowl and add the fruit.
- Mash and mix the fruit up into the bowl until the coconut oil is thoroughly dyed with the fruit.
- Pour the coconut oil through the strainer into the heat proof containers.
- Wait for the lip balms to cool completely (if necessary, freeze to expedite the process) and then decorate the container to make it your own!