DIY Diffusers: Making Them Is Easier Than You Think
DIY diffusers are a great way for Lil’ Sprouts to make their space their own. Creative and useful, this activity develops kids sense of identity through scent, as they decide how they want their space to smell. As an alternative to store-bought diffusers (which can contain additives), these DIY aromatherapy tools are simple and easy– an engaging activity for any age!
- 1/2 cup oil (almond, coconut, etc)
- 20 drops of essential oil (your flavor of choice)
- 3 to 4 reed diffusers (can use kebab sticks or chopsticks, if the wood is not coated and is porous enough)
- glass container
- Decorate the container.
- Mix the oil and essential oils together in this container.
- Place the reed diffusers in the oil mixture and set it out on a surface where it won’t be knocked over!