These Cute Nutcracker Cupcakes are the Best Healthy Holiday Dessert
Get Lil’ Sprouts involved in the cooking this holiday with our chocolate gingerbread cupcakes! Adapted from our summer recipe for chocolate mint cupcakes, these treats are a cheerful, seasonal addition to gatherings and dinners. We decorated our cupcakes with festive Nutcracker toppers, which create a cute holiday scene that can be incorporated into table decor.
for the cupcakes (makes 12)
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup molasses
- 2 ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- 3 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- pinch or two sea salt
- ½ cup organic raw unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together dry ingredients (almond flour, cacao, tapioca starch, baking soda, salt) in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, molasses, and vanilla extract.
- Vigorously mix wet ingredient into the dry–the coconut flour will absorb the moisture very quickly, but don’t worry.
- Spoon batter into a lined cupcake tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. At the 20 minute mark, start testing with a toothpick in the center–the toothpick will come out clean when the cupcakes are ready.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before eating.
- Add your Nutcracker toppers and enjoy!