Cooked By Sven’s Matcha Rainforest Bars
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup mixed seeds (chia and sesame seeds)
- 1 cup mixed nuts (pecans, cashews and pistachios)
- 2/3 cup cranberries
- 2 medium bananas (or 1 cup medjool dates)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 Tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 tsp culinary grade matcha
Preheat oven to 180℃.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and layer it with oats, chia, and sesame seeds.
Roast the mixture on the top shelf for 10 minutes. Place the roasted mix in a large bowl and stir in cranberries. Set aside.
Then blend the bananas, coconut oil, flax meal, vanilla extract and matcha until smooth. Combine both mixtures until well-incorporated.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper and layer it with your energy bar mixture. Press down on it to compact the mixture. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the bars are golden on top.
Allow to cool completely before slicing into bars. Dust with more matcha (optional).