Dutch Baby with Pear Compote45 min
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon of date sugar (or a sugar of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons of butter (we used coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A 9-10 inch cast iron skillet
Preheat oven to 425º. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, flour, milk, sugar, spices, salt, and vanilla together. Whisk until well mixed, and let rest for about 20-25 minutes.
Add butter (or oil) to the skillet, and place in the oven for about 2 minutes to melt. Once the butter or oil has melted, take the skillet out of the oven (be careful: its hot).
Pour in the batter, and place the skillet back into the oven. Allow the pancake to bake for about 15- 20 minutes. Serve warm, top with powdered sugar, pomegranate seeds, chopped nuts, or yogurt infused with maple syrup.