Turn Your Mess Into Magic With Pine Needle Tassels
It can be hard to say goodbye to a Christmas tree, especially after you’ve invested yourself in all the decorations. Fortunately, you can salvage some of your Christmas tree (or even some of the hundreds of needles that inevitably find their way to the floor) with this simple indoor nature craft for kids.
Pine tassels can be used as a decoration or turned into paintbrushes for Lil’ Sprouts. The needles usually still have some of their scent, and can be used as fragrant décor throughout the long winter months.
- pine needles (a good handful of them)
- Line the pine needles up so that they are all approximately the same length. If you want to turn them into a paintbrush, add a mostly straight stick or chopstick.
- Tightly wrap the wire near the end of the bunch of pine needles.
- Cover the wire with twine, and leave a tail if you would like to hang as a tassel.
- Deck the halls! (Or paint them!)