Watch This Gorgeous Trailer for The Gardener Documentary
The Garden Conservancy has announced the U.S. theater release dates of Gravitas Venture’s beautiful new documentary about renowned plantsman and Garden Conservancy founder, Frank Cabot.
With its poignant cinematography and endearing narrative style, The Gardener explores Cabot’s creation of Les Quatres Vents— his magnificent garden in Charlevoix County, Québec, which took over 75 years to complete and is now regarded as one of the most stunning private gardens in the world.
Directed by Sebastien Chabot, The Gardener openly reflects on the meaning of gardening and its impact on our lives, while exploring the creative mind of a man who was known by many to be both “eccentric, and a genius.” (Cabot died at the age of 86, in 2011.)
Many of the scenes created in the garden look as if they were pulled from a Wes Anderson film. “It’s garden theater, really,” one observer aptly notes.
Select screenings of The Gardeners will air on Wednesday, March 28 at 7PM at various theaters around the country:
- Atlanta, GA – Midtown Art Cinema
- Boston, MA – Embassy Cinema
- Chicago, IL – Renaissance Place Cinema
- Dallas, TX – The Magnolia
- Minneapolis, MN – Edina Cinema
- New York, NY – The Landmark at 57 West
- Philadelphia, PA – Ritz Five
- San Francisco, CA – Embarcadero Center Cinema
- Washington, DC – E Street Cinema
Watch the trailer for The Gardener, below. To learn more about Frank Cabot and his horticultural contributions to society, go here.